BorderConnect logo

Customs Consulting Resources

Download many of the common documents and applications needed for crossing into the U.S. or Canada.

U.S. Documents

Application for SCAC Code
Application for US DOT Number
Application for Motor Carrier Number
Personal Shipment (CBP Form 3299)
Free of Duty (CBP Form 7523)
Returned American Products

Canada Documents

Application for Carrier Code
Temporary Admission Permit (E29B)
Changing Bond Status for Existing Carriers
Manual Correction Form - Post Arrival

Although we try to keep the links working as best as we can, we are unaware when customs changes the location of these pages and files. If a link is not working we suggest visiting customs website to find what you're looking for.

Information For Highway Carriers

U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Official website of U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Canada Border Services Agency

Official website of Canada Border Services Agency.

National Motor Freight Traffic Association

NMFTA assigns the Standard Carrier Alpha Code (SCAC) unique two-to-four-letter code used to identify transportation companies.

Free and Secure Trade (FAST) Program

The FAST program is a commercial clearance program designed to ensure safety and security while expediting legitimate trade across the Canada-U.S. border.

Customs Self-Assessment (CSA) Program

The Customs Self Assessment (CSA) program is designed for low-risk, pre-approved importers, carriers and registered drivers.

C-TPAT Program

The Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) is a voluntary supply-chain security program led by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Partners In Protection (PIP) Program

Partners in Protection (PIP) is a cooperative program between private industry and the CBSA aimed at enhancing border and trade chain security.

Secure Corridor Concept - Trusted Trader Pilot

Avilable to CBSA Trusted Trader Program members, the technology being evaluated includes RFID readers, cameras, CCTV, VoIP intercoms, lane passage sensors, traffic lights and a remote command centre.

Information For Drivers

FAST Driver Information

You may qualify to participate in the program if you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or the United States and you reside in Canada or the United States.

(CVOR) Information

Commercial vehicle operators doing business in Ontario must have a valid Commercial Vehicle Operator's Registration (CVOR) certificate and carry a copy.

Michael Walker - Transportation Lawyer

The Michael Walker Law Office is one of Ontario’s leading firms specializing in transportation law and has been advising hundreds of companies on both sides of the border.

FAST Commercial Driver Application (E673)

Both U.S. CBP and the CBSA will use the FAST application information provided to determine a person's eligibility to participate in FAST.

Have More Questions?

BorderConnect's Support Wiki may have your answers.

Visit BorderConnect Support Wiki